Finally! Confirmation that not one, but TWO drivers whose contracts were up at the end of this season are sticking around the F1 paddock for 2024. Kevin Magnussen and Nico Hulkenberg will remain at Haas for next year, continuing their partnership for a second consecutive season.
The announcement, which won’t come as a surprise to F1 fans, came this morning, Haas confirming that their ‘veteran’ line-up will be retained for 2024. Can you believe we’ve almost completed an entire season without another “suck my balls” moment? Amazing. 😂
Next year will be Kevin’s 7th year with the team after returning to Haas quite unexpectedly back in 2022. It didn’t go too badly for the comeback kid, and he even secured a maiden pole position at the Brazilian GP.
— MoneyGram Haas F1 Team (@HaasF1Team) August 24, 2023
In a press release, K-Mag said: “I’m obviously very happy to see my relationship with MoneyGram Haas F1 Team extended once again.”
He continued: “Although this season hasn’t gone quite as we’d hoped, we’ve still managed to get into the points and shown potential in the package we have. My thanks, as always, go to Gene Haas and Guenther Steiner for giving me the opportunity to keep racing in the sport I love.”
As for Hulkenberg, he returned this year after three seasons playing the role of
‘Hulkenback’ reserve driver. He’s taken George Russell’s Mr. Saturday crown and is more than ready to get stuck into his next season in F1.
He said: “It’s nice to get things sorted early for next season to just keep the focus on racing and improving performance. I enjoy being part of the team and share Gene and Guenther’s passion for it.
“We’re competing in a very tight midfield, and I’m looking forward to building on what we’ve done together so far and taking that forward into 2024.”
Are you happy to see this Haas pairing remain on the grid for 2024?